Elbow is a strong joint surrounded by a group of muscles and tendons that provide stability to arm and enable its normal functioning. Also known as ‘lateral epicondylitis’, tennis elbow is a health condition that occurs due to excessive stress on elbow joint. It may lead to severe pain and inflammation of muscles and tendons around elbow and eventually restrict range of motion of arms.
Major Causes of Tennis Elbow
Elbow may get inflamed due to exhausting physical activities or strenuous tasks that involve repetitive use of arms. The following list elaborates some activities that may fuel up the chances of tennis elbow condition.
- Sports – People who are indulged in high-impact sports such as tennis, badminton, and cricket are likely to get tennis elbow.
- Gardening – People who cut grass with help of large scissors while gardening may encounter tennis elbow over a certain period of time.
- Decoration – People, especially painters, who have a job of painting large walls that involve use of rollers may get tennis elbow. In addition to this, people who are involved in job of plumbing and carpentry are also prone to tennis elbow
- Playing Musical Instruments – Practicing musical instruments such as violin for long hours may increase the chances of getting tennis elbow.
Signs and Symptoms of Tennis Elbow
The given list describes main signs and symptoms of tennis elbow.
- Radiating Pain – Radiating pain in arms that extend to entire wrist and causes stiffness is the primary indication of tennis elbow
- Inability to Grip Objects – When a person fails to grip objects, they should meet a well-versed orthopedist to figure out the root cause. In most instances, such condition arises due to tennis elbow.
- Twisting and Bending Forearm – Patients who find it difficult to twist or bend their forearm smoothly may be suffering from an underlying tennis elbow
Treatment Options for Tennis Elbow
Tennis elbow condition or lateral epicondylitis can be treated effectively with the help of following treatments. Surgeons choose the best option depending on patient’s requirement and diagnosis report.
- Medications – Initially, orthopedic surgeons may advise intake of medicines to help minimize pain in patient’s arm. They may also suggest application of cold or hot packs to reduce inflammation.
- Physiotherapy – Orthopedic surgeons may order physiotherapy to patients for improving range of entire arm’s motion. They may refer them to renowned physiotherapists for attaining best results.
- Shock Wave Therapy – This is a painless procedure that involves exposing patient’s arm to high-intensity shock waves for decreasing the pain and enhancing mobility of elbow, wrist, and entire hand.
- Surgical Approach – Surgery is recommended when all other methods fail to improve tennis elbow condition of patients. Orthopedic surgeons may remove the deteriorated part for providing a pain-free and stable elbow to patients.
Top-Class Tennis Elbow Surgery in India
Availability of top-class orthopedic solutions and multispecialty healthcare centers has made India the most popular orthopedic care hub across the world. Majority of Indian hospitals are well-furnished with latest instruments and state-of-the-art technology. In addition to this, most of the orthopedic surgeons in this country are highly skilled and experienced. They are well-versed in performing tennis elbow surgery and delivering desired results. Furthermore, tennis elbow surgery cost in India is very affordable as compared to other developed nations such as Norway and Australia. Therefore, international patients can rely on tennis elbow surgery in India and ensure good results.Leave a reply →